Wednesday, March 14, 2007

World Vision

1. God’s covenant of blessing
Gen 12:
12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram , Get thee out of thy country , and from thy kindred , and from thy father's house , unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation , and I will bless thee, and make thy name great ; and thou shalt be a blessing : 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed .

- 4 ‘I Will’s’ : Show you, exalt you, bless you, & bless others
- Listen and obey in order for the promises be fulfilled. Act to experience manifestation of Father's promises
- 1 Pet 2:9

2. The character of the blessed
a. Thankful and worshipful
Gen 12:
6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem , unto the plain of Moreh . And the Canaanite [was] then in the land . 7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram , and said , Unto thy seed will I give this land : and there builded he an altar unto the LORD , who appeared unto him.

Abraham's response is worship! The world is our inheritance. Each step of our pilgrims progress should be marked with thanksgiving and worship!

b. Prayerful
Psa 2:8
8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance , and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession .

Isa 56:7 Fulfill the Abrahamic covenant through prayer

3. God’s continual reminder
Gen 15:
5 And he brought him forth abroad , and said , Look now toward heaven , and tell the stars , if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

God continually affirming His promises. Our journey is to claim promises.

Gen 17:
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful , and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant , to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee .

4. God will fulfill His covenant
Covenants have posterity attached to continue to heritage of a blessing and blessor

Gen 17:
19 And God said , Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed ; and thou shalt call his name Isaac : and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant , [and] with his seed after him .

Gen 22:
. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh : as it is said [to] this day , In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen . 15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time , 16 And said , By myself have I sworn , saith the LORD , for because thou hast done this thing , and hast not withheld thy son , thine only [son]:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven , and as the sand which [is] upon the sea shore ; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies ; 18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed ; because thou hast obeyed my voice .

Started with 1 man, then covenant passed to off springs

5. The church today
Gal 3:26
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus . 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ . 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek , there is neither bond nor free , there is neither male nor female : for ye are all one in Christ Jesus . 29 And if ye [be] Christ's , then are ye Abraham's seed , and heirs according to the promise .

We are Abraham's legacy!

Gal 3:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith .

We are expression of God's promises.

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations ; and then shall the end come .

To bless all the families of the earth with the truth of salvation in Jesus Christ

No comments: