Friday, March 01, 2013

The Face of God


And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.(Gen 33:10)

A saint that has been dealt by God looks at people and offenses from an elevated view. Without spiritual discipline we will see these as with the face of the devil. Spiritual discipline will quickly expose our hypocrisy and reveals those who major in speck picking (Matt 7:5). God’s discipline exposes our heart condition and His Word like a mirror reveals what we are through His eyes. How often we have offended the Lord by our pride and disregard the Royal Law (James 2:8). Could it be because ‘self’ taken a position that is larger than life?

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.(Exo 33:20)

As God chastised Jacob to become His prince with a heavenly capacity of a greater to bless the lesser, even Pharaoh. Blessors are ones that have ‘died’ deep inside evident by their meekness and humility. In order to regard others better than ourselves, we have to die to self. How do we see others, even those we have offended or we think deserve to be offended?

No comments: