Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Lust Kills Compassion

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  (1Jn 2:16)

What massive consumerism did was to create a superficial 'need' for things. Things have become so part of us that has defined our culture of narcissism. Fellow human suffering and especially that many are travelling the broad way to destruction is no longer a cause for concern as long as 'I' can keep my toys and play them.

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?  (1Jn 3:17)

Not having compassion to the poor and needy is blindness. It is looking at gratifying self that is the cause for blindness. ‘I’ want to be loved, ‘I’ need attention, ‘I’……there is a grave concern that ‘I’ is satisfied. This is a big deception because the ‘I’ can never find its fulfillment (Prov 30:15). How can God pour His love to this generation? It is only to the cross bearers who deny lust of things and undeniably choose simplicity which is in Christ (2 Cor 11:3).

No comments: