Friday, May 27, 2011

Speaking That Challenges


But I say unto you …… (Mat 5:22)


There is a speaking that reverberates, transcending time and space (Psa 19:2), an articulation without involving the faculty of speech. It reveals who God is; power, righteousness, wisdom harmoniously in sync with love and mercy. It is life (John 6:68). Yet it challenges the core belief system that has gradually built an impenetrable citable where His Truth has yet to piece to make free. This fortress is a sum total of our understanding and experience mixed in with self conclusions.


The speaking is everywhere; it becomes a life transforming epiphany when Jesus personalizes the Truth to us. He begins by saying ‘but I say unto you….’ When He does that, the wall come crumbling down and we are loosed into the realm of His grace and glory (Rom 5:2). Or conversely, the wall gets higher and thicker. We can hold on for dear life to all that we have believed, from our worldview. Yet He will continually speak ‘but I say unto you….’ Receiving the subsequent words requires faith. No disputing or arguments. Just believe.


Jesus never sugar coats His words. It is a sword that will divide asunder (Heb 4:12) and brings us into a stature where the soul does not rule. The spirit triumphs (Rom 8:2).


He mercifully continually speaks, am I willing to allow His piercing Words to do a permanent liberation in my life so that the completeness of the Father dwells in me (Matt 5:48)? If I resist, my belief system will become my god of my own imagination (1 John 5:20, 21).

No comments: